ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Jagged text in after effects . . .

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Pass
Jagged text in after effects . . .
on Sep 22, 2009 at 4:33:07 pm

All my text in after effects is jagged and looks like it's not rasterized, but it is.

I saw an old post on this, put the solution isn't fixing my problem (turn off pixel aspect ratio correction).

I've done everything the other post said (turn off PARC, use a square pixel composition) but nothing has corrected these fonts. They look so horrible. Help?

-Chris Pass
cpass@me.com

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Jagged text in after effects . . .
on Sep 22, 2009 at 4:37:52 pm

Well, how about if you toss us a bone and actually tell us something about your project?

You know, comp size.... where this text is coming from... how you're viewing it... anything else you think might be relevant to the situation.

Give us some information so we have a fighting chance to come up with an accurate diagnosis, okay?

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Chris Pass
on Sep 22, 2009 at 5:19:25 pm

Any comp I open, any text layer I create. All fonts are jagged.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Sep 22, 2009 at 5:21:51 pm

...and you've eliminated the possibility that you're looking at your comps in Half Third, or Quarter resolution, right?

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

Chris Pass
on Sep 22, 2009 at 5:37:53 pm

I have. I'm viewing in the highest res I can. It doesn't matter what type of comp I'm in, the text is still jagged, and it's for every font I have. I did recently download some new fonts, but I'm not having the same problem in Photoshop or Illustrator.

-Chris

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Sep 22, 2009 at 6:15:56 pm

Wow, I have absolutely no clue why text in AE alone would look so bad. I think you'll get a speedier response to this conundrem on Adobe's own AE user forum. The Adobe guys occasionally check in here, but I get the feeling they watch their own forum like a hawk.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer

Return to posts index

Roland R. Kahlenberg
on Sep 22, 2009 at 7:00:03 pm

Ensure that the Comp size is 100%. ANything other than that may result in poor-looking edges on text.

HTH
RoRK

Sell your AEPs with broadcastGEMs' DVD series of templates. Click here for more

Return to posts index

Matt Henry
on Jun 2, 2015 at 1:10:54 am

I'm assuming you're not fighting with this problem after 6 years, but as this thread appears in search results I thought I might be able to help people with similar problems.

What you're probably experiencing is a text layer that has had its blending mode set to Dissolve. This can happen if you accidentally mash the wrong keyboard shortcut (shit + plus) which will quietly switch your layer to the next blending mode. The Dissolve blend mode has a very distinctive look of rough, pixelated edges that make you question the composition preview settings unless you've made and discovered the true problem in the past.

-Matt Henry
@fancymatthenry

Return to posts index

Miranda Jacobucci
on Jun 20, 2017 at 6:09:21 pm

I had this same problem and found this thread. My issue was that I had Effects on the type. I moved those to a Solid Layer and used a track matte so it appears on my type. Looks great now!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]