ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Depth of field pass from maya 2010.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian MichaelDepth of field pass from maya 2010.
by on Sep 21, 2009 at 6:35:53 pm

So my company just updated to Maya 2010, and we are using the render passes. We are using CS2 to composite the scene together. Maya spits out the depth pass to a 1 channel 32 bit float image, and I cannot seem to change this. ( as far as i know.) I hear that we should use .exr for this, but we dont have the extractor plugin, and we are using .iff's. tif's, rla's, and other formats just give me a blank white image, where as my iff is a grayscale depth pass that i need. for some reason I cannot import this pass into After effects, as it says (After effects error: the file format module could not parse the file.) if i take the sequence into fcheck, and resave it, it imports it just fine, but i would like to skip the hassle of this step. Anyone else run into this problem? anyone know how to import a 1 channel 32 bit float iff image into after effects?

Return to posts index

Bryan WaltherRe: Depth of field pass from maya 2010.
by on Oct 29, 2010 at 8:50:48 pm

Hey Brian,
You may just need to install a plug-in for the Maya .iff format. You can find the plug-in you neeed here:

Installing the plug-in in CS3 photoshop will be the only place you need to install it, and it should work in after effects and any other CS3 app. Im not sure if this will work for CS2 as well...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved