ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Adjustment Layers and Precomps

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Francesco CaponeAdjustment Layers and Precomps
by on Sep 21, 2009 at 1:24:48 pm

Hello everybody!
I really can't get this one: i have multiple precomps and i have to put them together in a bigger comp.
Every precomp is a "slice" of the total bigger comp and every precomp has an adjustment layer with the "MOSAIC" effect UNDER every layer.
I would like to make every single adjustment layer affect its precomp "zone" in the biggest comp.
Did you get the idea?
How can i make adjustment layers in a precomp affect the biggest comp?
thank you guys! keep up the good work

Return to posts index

Dave JohnsonRe: Adjustment Layers and Precomps
by on Sep 21, 2009 at 1:53:05 pm

I'm not sure I understand your question or why you have adjustment layers under the layers you want affected ... the effects adjustment layers show on layers below them in a precomp should also show up in the main comp those precomps are put into ... is that not happening?

If you have trouble clarifying, perhaps a screenshot will help.

Return to posts index

Francesco CaponeRe: Adjustment Layers and Precomps
by on Sep 21, 2009 at 1:57:38 pm

OK, I'LL POST A SCREENSHOT SOON, NOW I'M RENDERING (NOTICE THE CAPS LOCK :D)
I PUT THE ADJUSTMENT LAYER UNDER THE LAYERS BECAUSE I DON'T WANT THOSE LAYERS TO BE AFFECTED. I WANT THAT THE PRECOMP IN WICH THE ADJ LAYERS IS INSIDE TO AFFECT THE LAYERS BELOW IT.
IT'S LIKE I HAVE ONE LAYER IN POSITION 2 AND THE PRECOMP IN POSITION 1, THE LAST LAYER OF THE PRECOMP IS THE ADJ, AND IT SHOULD AFFECT THE LAYER IN POSITION 2.

Return to posts index

Dave JohnsonRe: Adjustment Layers and Precomps
by on Sep 21, 2009 at 2:05:38 pm

I think I understand now ... I think you're saying you have adjustment layers at the bottom layer position of each precomp and want them to affect the layers below the precomps once nested into the main comp ... if so, sorry, but that's not how adjustment layers work. You will need to put adjustment layers in the main comp to have them affect the layers below them.

In other words, adjustment layers have to be in the same comp or precomp of the layers you want them to affect and they have to be above the layers you want them to affect.

If you want them to only affect certain areas of the total screen, make the adjustment layers the size, shape and location you want affected (via size of the layer, masking, etc.).

Return to posts index

Francesco CaponeRe: Adjustment Layers and Precomps
by on Sep 21, 2009 at 2:08:02 pm

I just found the solution: it was easy, I collapsed the transformation of the precomps and it seems to work!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]