ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Creating a FLV in After Effects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Vikas Chadhokar
Creating a FLV in After Effects
on Sep 20, 2009 at 12:24:42 pm

Hi

I have been asked to create a simple slow 10 second panning shot of a still in After Effects and make a FLV. This movie is going to be viewed on a website.

I did that with the default settings for making the FLV. The people making the website said the FLV movie appears to be strobbing.

I then tried using motion blur (default settings), they said they didn't see any difference. I've sent them two other sample FLV's with higher and lower values of the motion blur shutter speed. Yet to hear back from them to see if that helped.

I'm going to try changing the fps in the project settings to 50 fps to see if it helps.

Can you please suggest how I can create a FLV from After Effects in which the pans don't strobe? Instead of an FLV should I provide them with some other type of file?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Creating a FLV in After Effects
on Sep 20, 2009 at 7:18:44 pm

What frame rate did you use in the first place?

Did you try to do it intuitively, or did you read this?
http://help.adobe.com/en_US/AfterEffects/9.0/WSB4D8E1B0-5A71-4db3-BBE4-C792...

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Vikas Chadhokar
on Sep 21, 2009 at 12:18:35 am

Hi Dave

The composition frame rate in AE is 25 fps. Size 1000 X 700 pixels. Panning a photoshop background. 1 second hold then 8 second pan/zoom with ease out and ease in and 1 second hold at the end. Total 10 seconds.

"Did you try to do it intuitively, or did you read this?" Yes I did.

I work for an animation company producing animation for tv. To get smooth pans/zooms for tv, I render the scenes with field rendering turned on. But for movies for the web I'm not sure how to achieve a smooth pan. I've been asked by the people creating the website to provide them with a FLV and I think you can't have field rendering for FLV.

Vikas

Return to posts index

Jeremy Fabiano
on Sep 21, 2009 at 8:14:17 am

I'm not sure if this will be of any help, but I've had a lot of issues with flv/swf exports and found at least in my case (unsupported fx) that if you precomp EVERYTHING and export it then it seems to work, add a black solid a the bottom so if you fade out the alpha channel wont show the browser through it..

Hope that helps out somehow..

-Jeremy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]