ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

AE error message when I try to export at full res

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ady Le RouxAE error message when I try to export at full res
by on Sep 20, 2009 at 11:32:37 am

Please can anyone explain what the attached error message is and how I solve it please???

Im trying to export H264 at 1024x576

please and thankyou in advance.

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: AE error message when I try to export at full res
by on Sep 20, 2009 at 4:54:47 pm

Under the hood, here are the steps: After Effects renders the composition frame according to your render settings; then it crops, stretches, et cetera the frame according to your output module settings; then---in the case of formats like H.264---the embedded Adobe Media Encoder compresses and encodes the movie.

This error occurs when the rendered frame that comes out of the output module doesn't match the dimension expected by the Adobe Media Encoder.

When you click the Format Options button in the Output Module Settings dialog box, an H.264 Export Settings dialog box opens. The Comments field in this dialog box tells you what the frame size must be set to in the Output Module Settings dialog box.

MPEG formats (of which H.264 is one) are not flexible and friendly about frame sizes.

So, the solution is to set your settings in the Output Module Settings dialog box so that you're giving the Adobe Media Encoder the frame size that it's asking for.

The same thing applies to frame rates.

Yes, this is a poor user experience. I can assure you that improvements are being worked on.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

Chris WrightRe: AE error message when I try to export at full res
by on Sep 21, 2009 at 12:54:03 am

Normal size fixing thread for CS3.

and for strange sizes in CS4...

Since you are using strange sizes, there is no preset for you. You will have to use CS4's custom Adobe Media Encoder.

Select Edit > Export Settings.

The Export Settings dialog box appears. This dialog box lets you perform the following actions:

Specify alternate encoding settings to deliver video for different bandwidths and applications.

Crop and resize the video clip to alter its dimensions.

There is a workaround that I have tested and works, but make backups first if you try it.
Simply duplicate a *.vpr video preset file

C:Program FilesAdobeAdobe After Effects CS3Support FilesPlug-insFormatMediaIO(presets)systemen_us

open the duplicate in notepad
(example...) change the Data="1024 to Data="1000".

Data="1024" ID="1" Name="Frame Width [pixels]" Size="4" Type="VDataType_DWORD"Property Data="576" ID="2" Name="Frame Height [pixels]
If you make any new spaces, then AE will probably crash.
All you have do you is make the resolutions the same, then you can change the preset's other stuff in the render queue.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved