ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Particle World floor question

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marty WeinerParticle World floor question
by on Sep 20, 2009 at 3:19:14 am

I'm using CC Particle World to create the illusion of something hot (like a large sci-fi laser blast) hitting a wall. When it hits, it cycles which direction the blast is sliding off in. At the beginning, it goes up for about 1/4 second, then lower right, etc. I have the particles hitting the floor with "slide" on.

I can manually change the angle of the particle trajectory in the options to achieve this option, but I can't seem to key frame this. An alternative would be to angle the floor relative to the particle stream, but it doesn't look like I have that kind of control.

Any ideas?

Return to posts index

david bogieRe: Particle World floor question
by on Sep 20, 2009 at 2:17:08 pm

I have no idea what you think you're seeing.
Accessible from the OPTIONS window, the various floor controls are not keyframable. If you want different settings for each blasxt, you will need to use multiple copies of CCPW but you can only have one active at a time; if you stacke them, they become opaque.

Return to posts index

Marty WeinerRe: Particle World floor question
by on Sep 24, 2009 at 7:00:15 pm

I'm confused about what you're talking about. I layer CCPW all the time (transfer mode to add or screen, for instance).

In any case, I'd like a way to keyframe the floor position or keyframe the direction the particles are being expelled. Anybody have any ideas how to do this?

Return to posts index

Matt DavisRe: Particle World floor question
by on May 5, 2014 at 4:40:56 pm

Wow. I have this same issue four years later. Here must be a way by now. Did you end up solving it? Basically I have an object flying around a room spewing smoke behind it. As it approaches the floor I'd like the particles to interact with the floor. But like you I am having difficulty finding something I can key frame to do it. There are harder more complex ways... But I'm trying to avoid them.

Return to posts index

Michael SzalapskiRe: Particle World floor question
by on May 15, 2014 at 4:23:07 pm

Particular is very easy to set up with a floor.
Particle World is not.
If you have access to Particular, I would highly recommend it for making particles interact with a floor.

- The Great Szalam
(The 'Great' stands for 'Not So Great, in fact, Extremely Humble')

No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved