ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

how convert to avi non compress

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
efraim orhow convert to avi non compress
by on Sep 19, 2009 at 1:28:55 am

sup everybody
I'm working on some project right now with a lot of footage, movies and clip.
the thing is... most of them mp4 (mpbile phone clips) and some avi xvid (and so on)

the bottom line - I need a program that can convert all kind of formats to AVI NON COMPRESS (the best to work with AE)

I don't care if it costs money, I can buy, I will buy... just tell me what please.

thank you

Return to posts index

David JohnsonRe: how convert to avi non compress
by on Sep 20, 2009 at 1:47:13 am

Among the best (and most expensive) are Sorenson Squeeze, Grass Valley ProCoder and Autodesk Cleaner. Xilisoft makes some cheap converters that are ok, but I've found their software slightly buggy although it does work. There's a good free one out ther, but I don't recall the name right now so I'm sure someone else will chime in. If you do have the money to spend, I'd still suggest one of those first three since you generally get what you pay for with free stuff, although the one I'm trying to remember is pretty good.

By the way, I'm sure you know this, but just in case ... although you can convert mp4, etc. to an uncompressed codec, doing so doesnt regain the original uncompressed quality. And, AVI is fine to work with in AE, but it isn't really the "best" ... that would be QuickTime.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved