ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Animating and Transforming a shape

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ron Ortiz
Animating and Transforming a shape
on Sep 17, 2009 at 7:28:47 pm

Hi guys.

I'm trying to figure out how to do a shape animation in After Effects, it looks very simple but I just can't get it to work the way I want to. I've tried with masking but I couldn't get the same move. Here's what I want to do:

I want to achieve the same animation where you see the shape of the text background make a turn doing a kinda "wormy" move and disappear off the screen. If it was a straight move there wouldn't be a problem, it's that turn that gives me trouble. Obviously I'm new at After Effects and I'm learning as I go, so if you point me to a tutorial or give me a quick tip I'll greatly appreciate it.

Thank you.

Return to posts index

Erik Waluska
Re: Animating and Transforming a shape
on Sep 17, 2009 at 7:59:50 pm

Search "Text on path" in the After Effects tutorials section and you'll find several tutorials on this subject.

-E

Return to posts index

Ron Ortiz
on Sep 17, 2009 at 11:41:24 pm

Hey thanks for your answers! I got to animate the actual text, by making it follow a path, but I can't get the shape behind the text (the orange shape) to follow the same animation.
But I got the text to work, I'm making progress.

Return to posts index

Dave Johnson
on Sep 17, 2009 at 8:33:49 pm

The basic steps are to create a mask/path with the pen tool, apply the Path Text effect, then animate the margin.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Sep 18, 2009 at 3:22:34 pm

Y'know, I don't think that text/background animation was done in AE. It would be a huge pain to animate a mask in that particular fashion. I'm thinkin' it might be a lot easier to do that in Apple's Motion.

How about if you post the link and ask the question on the COW's Motion forum?

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Ron Ortiz
on Sep 18, 2009 at 11:30:21 pm

Thanks for your answer Dave. Someone suggested me using 3D stroke from Trapcode and works great, also using Effects/Generate/Stroke also works, animating start and end simultanously.

Thanks to everybody for the help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]