ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Audi advert and 3d stroke

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
beckie winterAudi advert and 3d stroke
by on Sep 17, 2009 at 11:45:27 am

hi, I am trying to re-create the effect that was used in the Audi rhythm of lines advert, I am using trapcode 3d stroke, i have 2 problems with what I am trying to do, I cannot seem to make the stroke 3d and i am having trouble getting the camera to follow the lines without the stroke being cut off. I cannot seem to find a tutorial anywhere that has done this, any help would be great.
many thanks

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Audi advert and 3d stroke
by on Sep 17, 2009 at 2:37:28 pm

Since very few people see every TV spot made on the planet -- to say nothing of remembering then -- it would be very helpful to actually see what you're talking about.

Got a link?

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

beckie winterRe: Audi advert and 3d stroke
by on Sep 17, 2009 at 3:54:47 pm

heres a link to the advert i mean, any help would be useful thank you

Return to posts index

Paul ConigliaroRe: Audi advert and 3d stroke
by on Sep 17, 2009 at 5:18:37 pm

Strokes that complex and plentiful are probably done in a 3D program.

As for your specific questions… what kind of trouble are you having making the stroke 3D? If you have it applied to a solid (WITHOUT the 3D switch turned on) and a camera, you should be able to move the camera around and see the stroke render appropriately.

As for the line getting cut off, it really sounds like you have the solid set as a 3D layer, which it shouldn't be.

You can take a look at the intro tutorial on Red Giant's site if you haven't already.

Regardless, a simplified version of this could be accomplished with animating both the start/end points of the 3D Stroke and the stroke itself. But again, I really feel that this was done in a 3D app as 3D Stroke in AE can get messy fast.

Adobe CS3, Apple FCS2
[Disclaimer: Sometimes I am an idiot and misinterpret people's posts. I'm sorry.]

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved