ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

After Effects CS3 Crashes on import of video file w/ audio track MAC

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joel Gautraud
After Effects CS3 Crashes on import of video file w/ audio track MAC
on Sep 16, 2009 at 3:27:52 pm

Pardon me if this has been covered, but I don't believe I've found anyone with this specific problem:

After Effects CS3 (as well as all other CS3 apps that deal do video; Encore, Premiere Pro) will crash every time I attempt to import a video file that has audio. I've narrowed it down to this, as I can import video that has no audio just fine. But if it includes audio, the program will freeze.

File format doesn't seem to matter: .mpg, .avi, .mov, ect.

I am also able to import audio in all formats just fine: .aif, .mp3, .wav, etc. They all work

It is when they are combined that I have trouble.

Also, I believe this is related: Quicktime Pro will not export audio. When I compress using Quicktime Pro, the video comes out but there is no audio even if I specify to include audio.

I suspect its an audio codec issue, but I cannot find any advice on it. Has anyone experienced this specific problem? Any and all help is appreciated! Thank you!

Joel Gautraud
Motion Graphics Artist
Iacono Productions

Running:
Adobe AE CS3 8.0.2
Premiere Pro CS3 3.2.0
Quicktime Pro 7.6.4
iTunes 9.0 (possibly relevant because I noticed the problem awhile back after one of the 8.something updates)
Mac OS X 10.5.8
On a:
Mac Pro Dual 2.8 GHz Quad-Core Xeon
16GB 800MHz DDR2 RAM

Return to posts index

Joel Gautraud
Re: After Effects CS3 Crashes on import of video file w/ audio track MAC
on Sep 25, 2009 at 2:19:18 pm

Am I alone on this one??? Anyone else experienced this odd problem? Its now happened on TWO identical Mac Pros we have here in our offices.

Return to posts index

peter menich
on Oct 20, 2009 at 10:46:50 am

same here dude,

Crashes when I import an aiff ... sometimes.

Started when I upgraded to Snow Leopard.

Dang.

Return to posts index

alexander platz
on Nov 2, 2009 at 10:25:15 am

hey, guys, same here after i had to upgrade my stable system to quicktime 7.6.4/ osx 10.5.8 (in order to install the latest final cut studio)

i also installed the latest version of itunes (since software update recommended me to)

after that:

after effects keeps crashing after EVERY render!! no matter if sound is included in the render or not.
also quicktime seems to be hesitating to export audio like you described.

did you have any luck solving the problem?

- upgrade to snow-leopard (which is much to early in my eyes to have a stable running version of it)
- upgrade to after effects cs4 (maybe it will handle the problem better? - would be an outrage though to have to pay for the faulty quicktime
- downgrade quicktime?

cheers

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]