ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Dynamic Content

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Fred KampalaDynamic Content
by on Sep 16, 2009 at 1:13:17 pm

I have made a project in After Effects and I want the customers them self to be able to change the text in the animations without touching After Effects.

Do anyone know how?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Dynamic Content
by on Sep 16, 2009 at 4:03:40 pm

Leave an empty spot in you AE animations where the text should go. Avoid using 3D text layers in your design for this animation.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Dynamic Content
by on Sep 16, 2009 at 4:31:56 pm

There are some scripts for importing text into After Effects from a text file, including one on Chris Green's site:

You could have your clients make the changes in a text file that you then pulled into your animation using such a script.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

Greg NeumayerRe: Dynamic Content
by on May 5, 2010 at 8:38:28 pm

I had a project once where I formatted my text in Illustrator, with each additional title being exactly 100 px below the previous one. Then, in AE, I was able to use expressions tied to the layer number to offset the same source file multiple times and have a different line of text (my title) for each layer.

This method requires AI and some knowledge of how to use it, but has the benefit of being able to exactly format your text-- which a plain text file wouldn't be able to do.

Antifreeze Design

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved