ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

does after effect create an temporary file when it crash

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
hanzel Liantodoes after effect create an temporary file when it crash
by on Sep 15, 2009 at 4:07:09 am

Hi, i was working with my after effect the whole day and it crash in the middle but unfortunately that i didn't save my work..... i was hoping to get it back from the temporary file but just want to ask if after effect create a temporary file so hopefully i can get it back

Anyway thanks for reading this problem that i have and just give suggestion what should i do :)

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: does after effect create an temporary file when it crash
by on Sep 15, 2009 at 11:29:13 am

If you have Auto-Save turned on, then After Effects saves files as you work.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

hanzel LiantoRe: does after effect create an temporary file when it crash
by on Sep 15, 2009 at 11:40:46 am

thanks for the reply......well i guess i have to do it all over anyway but is big help i think i should use auto save while i am working

Return to posts index

Ben HeusnerRe: does after effect create an temporary file when it crash
by on Sep 15, 2009 at 7:41:13 pm

And use the most important keyboard shortcut in the entire application often:
(Win) Ctrl-S
(Mac) Cmd-S

And just as useful, is to use the Increment & Save feature when you've reached a mini-goal in your project. If your project file then gets corrupted, you can still go back to your previous major step.

It sucks, but you won't be forgetting to save again. :o)

Good luck with your project,
Ben

Curious Turtle Pro Video
Training | Editing | Support
Out Now - Film Wash Color Effects Vol. 3
for After Effects & Apple Color

Return to posts index

Aza AllenRe: does after effect create an temporary file when it crash
by on Aug 13, 2011 at 3:36:42 am

Doesn't auto-save do the exact same thing as increment and save? It creates a separate version in a different folder?

I only ask because Increment and Save breaks my Premiere Links...

Make sure to check out our website http://www.makeyourfriendsuncomfortable.com and my personal website http://www.ruesterprod.com

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: does after effect create an temporary file when it crash
by on Aug 14, 2011 at 7:43:24 pm

> Doesn't auto-save do the exact same thing as increment and save?

No.

Increment and save is for saving various versions, perhaps perpetually. Auto-save is for preventing lost work for a relatively short period.

If you have Auto-save turned on and set to save every 20 minutes and store five versions, then after two hours of working, the auto-saved version that you worked on two hours ago is gone.

If you increment and save, those versions stick around forever (until you manually delete them).

Increment and save is useful for saving at specific milestones. Some people also use it as a manual replacement for auto-save.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]