ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Rendering problem - layers disapear?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aymeric De MeautisRendering problem - layers disapear?
by on Sep 14, 2009 at 12:27:51 pm

Hey guys, searched the forums for ages on this, didn't find anything that could help me. Anyways, here's my problem.

Just finished a composition for a uni project, however when I render the composition, half of some layers just disapear and dont appear in the final movie? It's like they just disapeared? quite odd.

So I went back to the comp to check out and found out when I view the current frame at full resolution, half the layer disapears (whilst the other half is still visible).

When I view the comp at half resolution, everything can be seen on screen.

I took two screen shots to show you:

The first is at half resolution:

And this is a screen shot of full resolution.

Notice how half the layer just disapears?? Does anyone know what might be the problem??

Return to posts index

Kevin CampRe: Rendering problem - layers disapear?
by on Sep 14, 2009 at 1:59:03 pm

are you rendering with opengl on (in the render settings, is use opengl enabled)? and is opengl for previews set to 'always on'?

if so, try setting the previews to use opengl-interactions or to use adaptive resolution only, and set your render settings to not use opengl... i would rarely recommend setting final renders to use opengl, and i would only sparingly set opengl for previews to 'always on', opengl is just to flakey.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer

Return to posts index

Steve RobertsRe: Rendering problem - layers disapear?
by on Sep 14, 2009 at 3:15:01 pm

Your layer handles (as seen in the screenshots) look like a clue, though, since they coincide with the edge of visibility at Full Res. Can you try hiding the layer that you've selected in the screenshots?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved