ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Render / Preview while scrubbing?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alice KirisameRender / Preview while scrubbing?
by on Sep 14, 2009 at 1:31:56 am

Hello and good day.

I hope this isn't too basic/stupid of a question... but I've looked around all sorts of forums and done quite a bit of googling and still couldn't find an exact answer.

In some of the tutorials, I noticed that some people's video's are RAM cached(? the green bar for previewing) when all they're doing is just simply scrubbing through the timeline. It doesn't seem like they're hitting the spacebar or doing a RAM preview, they're just scrubbing through and the green bar gets filled. Is this because the computers that they are working with are just 8 core monsters of a machine that just tears through anything they throw at it, or is it some sort of a setting or a plug in?

I've found Girdiron's rendering application but it doesn't seem like the behavior of Nucleo or Culeo Pro.

Does anyone know what's going on here?

Thanks for your time.

Return to posts index

Tielman DewaeleRe: Render / Preview while scrubbing?
by on Sep 14, 2009 at 10:33:06 am

Hey Alice,

I think it is because they edit the tutorial. You don't want to see a ram preview rendering do ya? So they cut it out.
For better ram preview Nucleo is a good one.

MacPro Intel Quad Core 7G Ram
MacBookPro Intel Duo Core 2G Ram

Cs4 Production Premium
Final Cut Studio 2

Return to posts index

Kevin CampRe: Render / Preview while scrubbing?
by on Sep 14, 2009 at 2:24:26 pm

also, if you disable opengl for previews and set ae to use adaptive resolution instead, as you drag the cti thru the timeline, if ae renders the frame, it will cache it as you drag.

simple comps will probably render frames this way, more complex comps may only render frames if you hold the cti there for a bit.... it really comps down to how fast your system is and how complex the comp/effects are. having multiprocessing enabled and enough ram to feed the extra cores will help.

when opengl is enabled for previews, the frames are not cached, and multiprocessing for previews is disabled.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved