ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Help!! Vector Paint on alpha with green screen

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt StoltzHelp!! Vector Paint on alpha with green screen
by on Sep 13, 2009 at 10:55:51 pm

Hey all -I havent worked wih vector paint to much -but I have a bad green screen clip -
and in the shot there is a shelf with static objects on it (does not move at all in shot) well 3 of these objects are green as well -so those key out as too -

whats my solution? -Can I use vector paint to paint on the alpha so the objects dont key.
Im using keylight -with key correct pro from Red Giant and I cant fix it

any suggestions -please help

thanks

Matt

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Help!! Vector Paint on alpha with green screen
by on Sep 14, 2009 at 12:39:02 am

You probably don't want to use the Vector Paint effect. That's a somewhat old effect that's mostly useful for making certain kinds of motion graphics. For utility painting, you want to paint with the paint tools.

But, really, what you desribe sounds more like a job for a hold-out matte (if I'm understanding what you're describing).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

Matt StoltzRe: Help!! Vector Paint on alpha with green screen
by on Sep 14, 2009 at 12:59:39 am

Hey Todd

I actually thought about it after I sent the message and a hold out matte is what I used on the shelf.
Thanks for the tips

But now what do you use or do when that keyed out hole you have is in motion, how do you fix the hole then.

Thanks

Matt

Return to posts index

by on Sep 14, 2009 at 1:13:03 am

> But now what do you use or do when that keyed out hole you have is in motion, how do you fix the hole then.

Now you're moving toward rotoscoping on at least part of your shot. Most keying shots involve some rotoscoping work for cleanup, so don't feel too bad.

Rotoscoping can be easier if you track the motion of the moving part and apply the motion tracking data to a matte.

Or just reshoot. And fire the person who had green foreground objects in a greenscreen shot.

If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

Matt StoltzRe: Help!! Vector Paint on alpha with green screen
by on Sep 14, 2009 at 1:38:26 am

HA HA Todd I like your thoughts about firing the guy -

Well when you get hired to do the keying and you had idots that dont know how to shoot on green screen -it does test your skills as a After Effects Genius Wizard ha ha

I literally had a green screen that the lighting was a gradient green at the top to a dark green at the bottom of the screen and the subjects were probably only 3 feet away from the screen

NIGHTMARE!!!!!!!!!

thanks for your help

Matt

PS any secrets to shooting a good green screen shot to sharpin my skills -i normally have about a 2 stop difference between the foreground and background and usually at least 6 to 7 feet away from the green screen

Return to posts index

by on Sep 14, 2009 at 1:50:57 am

> any secrets to shooting a good green screen shot to sharpin my skills

I've collected some tips and links here:
"Keying introduction and resources"

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]