ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Make Wipe for use in Media Composer

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Simon HepworthMake Wipe for use in Media Composer
by on Sep 13, 2009 at 9:58:49 pm

I'm driving myself mad trying to work this out and I know it's probably a simple solution but here we go!

I want to make a wipe that works like the following 3 images i made in photoshop

If I was just in AE I could do it no problem but what I want is to just render the move and have the revealed layer in Media Composer so I don't have to render 30 different versions.

Could someone point me in the right direction on how to create the correct layers and alpha channels etc in AE and the correct export settings to get it into MC....I expect there's a need for stepping in and out of layers in MC too.

Hope that makes sense!

Return to posts index

david bogieRe: Make Wipe for use in Media Composer
by on Sep 15, 2009 at 3:21:31 pm

that's not a wipe, that's a traveling matte.
You have layer that contains an egg-shaped hole and another shape and an outline. The layer is transparent inside the egg, opaque outside. You animate the layer approaching the camera or scaling up, they amount to the same thing. Render the movie with alpha. Easy.
The layer with the kids must be scaled by itself in the Avid. If you were doing this in AE, you cold link the kids to the egg with an expression and alter the proportional of the scale application.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved