ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Quad problems - only one core is giving it's best

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Luka Tisler
Quad problems - only one core is giving it's best
on Sep 12, 2009 at 5:40:12 pm

So I just installed windows 7 (64bit) and also fresh copy of after effects cs4.
When I rendered some footage, I noticed in task manager, that only one core is on cca. 70% and other three are kickin on about 3-5%, with some peaks here and there (here is a screenshot).
Before I was using cs3 with combination of Nucleo Pro (but it's not supported in cs4) and everything worked just fine.

Is this known issue or is it just my problem? Please advise!

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: Quad problems - only one core is giving it's best
on Sep 12, 2009 at 7:07:23 pm

It's hard to help when we don't know whether you're running the most recent version of After Effects CS4 (9.0.2), what kind of compositions and footage you're working with and what their memory requirements are, whether you have Render Multiple Frames Simultaneously multiprocessing enabled, what your memory settings are, what you've already tried to improve performance...

> Before I was using cs3 with combination of Nucleo Pro (but it's not supported in cs4) and everything worked just fine.

Nucleo Pro is available for After Effects CS4.
http://www.gridironsoftware.com/products/nucleopro2.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]