ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

aaf import from avid

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
brett stumppaaf import from avid
by on Sep 11, 2009 at 10:14:42 pm

Okay, so I am in a bit of uncharted territory, and wanted to ask some questions before I travel down a path.
I have a project that we cut on an avid express machine in h264, and now I want to replace the h264 files with full res hd files. I was thinking of buying the adobe bundle, and importing an aaf into after effects (or premiere) in order to re-conform the picture with the new uncompressed hd files. The files should share the same code and everything. Would I be able to accomplish this?

There's more to the picture, but If this isn't possible, the rest is definitely not an option. Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: aaf import from avid
by on Sep 11, 2009 at 10:19:27 pm

[brett stumpp] " was thinking of buying the adobe bundle, and importing an aaf into after effects (or premiere) in order to re-conform the picture with the new uncompressed hd files."

Actually, this sounds like something better accomplished on Avid. You know, that whole offline-online thing....

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

brett stumppRe: aaf import from avid
by on Sep 11, 2009 at 10:27:32 pm

Yeah, That's the direction it's looking like ill have to go, but was trying to keep from having to rent an avid bay for a day.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]