ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

aaf import from avid

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
brett stumpp
aaf import from avid
on Sep 11, 2009 at 10:14:42 pm

Okay, so I am in a bit of uncharted territory, and wanted to ask some questions before I travel down a path.
I have a project that we cut on an avid express machine in h264, and now I want to replace the h264 files with full res hd files. I was thinking of buying the adobe bundle, and importing an aaf into after effects (or premiere) in order to re-conform the picture with the new uncompressed hd files. The files should share the same code and everything. Would I be able to accomplish this?

There's more to the picture, but If this isn't possible, the rest is definitely not an option. Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: aaf import from avid
on Sep 11, 2009 at 10:19:27 pm

[brett stumpp] " was thinking of buying the adobe bundle, and importing an aaf into after effects (or premiere) in order to re-conform the picture with the new uncompressed hd files."

Actually, this sounds like something better accomplished on Avid. You know, that whole offline-online thing....

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

brett stumpp
Re: aaf import from avid
on Sep 11, 2009 at 10:27:32 pm

Yeah, That's the direction it's looking like ill have to go, but was trying to keep from having to rent an avid bay for a day.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]