ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Illustrator file as a text layer

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
iva de vitoIllustrator file as a text layer
by on Sep 11, 2009 at 6:48:30 pm

Hello!
I animate an Illustrator file, With a font that is not owned by after,As a text layer but do not know how to insert..
I should animate it as a text layer: Working on the 'opacity and expanding the range selector switch to create an animation in the course of writing from left to right,,
Somebody could help me?
Thanks

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Illustrator file as a text layer
by on Sep 11, 2009 at 7:40:43 pm

You can't use text animators on it because a layer imported from Illustrator isn't a text layer.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

iva de vitoRe: Illustrator file as a text layer
by on Sep 11, 2009 at 8:59:42 pm

yes i know..for have the same effects what have i to do?
i try to use "light wipe"moving the center from left to right plus opacity from 0 to 100 in the same time...what else can i do? thanks

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Illustrator file as a text layer
by on Sep 11, 2009 at 9:20:36 pm

[iva de vito] "what else can i do?"

You can treat this layer just like you would treat any other layer that contains an alpha channel. That is the ONLY thing you can do. It is NOT text, it is just a layer, and so you can devise any number of ways to animate it, just you would devise any number of animations for other alpha-channeled layers.

The only difference between this alpha channel layer and other ones is that it happens to have an image in the shape of text.

If I were you, I would make my own text layer and animate it using the animation preset in question. I would look at it many times, then start thinking how I could come close to duplicating the effect with my alpha channeled layer.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]