ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Illustrator file for After Effects animation

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jeff openshawIllustrator file for After Effects animation
by on Sep 10, 2009 at 9:32:06 pm

I have an illustrator file created by an expert with many layers. There is a group within each layer that contains about 50 paths in each group. I have tried everything on the post that I have read and checked some tutorials. The file was created in cs4 and I have cs4 but have not learned Illustrator yet. I tried saving the file in earlier versions but to no avail and checked all preference boxes etc.. When I import it into AE cs4 a message comes up saying the sequence has 1 missing frame and pops up 3 times. The file comes into AE as a single layer. When played back on the timeline it flashes like a video. It is an ai. file titled as Revolution slide.ai if that makes a difference. I import it as a cropped layer comp. Can someone look at this file for me.

Return to posts index

Trevor GentRe: Illustrator file for After Effects animation
by on Sep 10, 2009 at 10:18:17 pm

The paths should be moot unless you're editing inside Illustrator. When you import the file into After Effects there should be an option to import as a composition? Is this not the case? Can you post the Illustrator file?

Trev

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Illustrator file for After Effects animation
by on Sep 10, 2009 at 10:22:42 pm

Here's a list of things to check:
http://help.adobe.com/en_US/AfterEffects/9.0/WS3878526689cb91655866c1103906...

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

jeff openshawRe: Illustrator file for After Effects animation
by on Sep 10, 2009 at 11:35:28 pm

Thank you Dave!!!! Release layers tutorial did it. Thanks again.

Return to posts index

david bogieRe: Illustrator file for After Effects animation
by on Sep 11, 2009 at 2:40:47 pm

[jeff openshaw] "I have an illustrator file created by an expert with many layers. "

Yeah, my experts are multilayered, too. I hate that.

Being an Illustrator expert is meaningless in the world of motion graphics. Being able to create art in AIL and send it to After Effects artists is a question of collaboration and research on behalf of the team. I prefer to blame my "experts" because, every time we start a new motion grphics project, I have to retrain them about grouping, naming conventions, canvas sizes, RB v. CMYK, PDF versions, and many other stupid details.

What Adobe needs is a simple "export this Illustrator file for After Effects" option.

bogiesan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]