ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Per character animation...

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rich SeemuellerPer character animation...
by on Sep 10, 2009 at 6:19:42 pm

Technically this is a Cinema 4D question, but I know that the 2 packages are used together so much that I figured this would still be appropriate. If not, forgive me.

I'm trying to have some text animate on in Cinema 4D. In AE it's SIMPLE to do a per character scale up. Now I'm BRAND NEW to C4D so it's entirely possible that I'm just missing something, but is this possible? I've been playing around with effectors/mograph/etc but the effectors seem to be scaling the word as a whole and not per character.

Am I missing something?

Thanks so much for any help!

Return to posts index

scott novasicRe: Per character animation...
by on Sep 10, 2009 at 9:20:32 pm

unfortunately, the 2 packages may indeed work great together, and they do, they still require their own individual solutions for this technique. I am not a C4d expert, but in any 3d package i have seen you (obviously) need to make sure each letter in 3d is its own individual 3d model first. Adjusting the anchor points for these objects will effect the path the objects take as they scale upward and into place.
In AE, there are animation presets for this along with your ability to do it by "hand" for a more unique look. (my choice)

Animation & Visual Effects
Scott Novasic
Los Angeles Ca

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved