ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Write on paste misalignment Help me please

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rob Watson
Write on paste misalignment Help me please
on Sep 9, 2009 at 5:08:44 pm

Help save my sanity

We are using five seperate PC machines with same high end specs, running CS4 After effects.

We are getting variation of paste mask alignment when pasting mask into write on effect / write on reveal effect.

Some machines align the mask path "spot on" and other machines paste the mask path off to the side. No matter what we try, we cant fix the "wayward" machines, apart from manually readjusting each keyframe( painful). Is there a tool reset button or special trick to make each machine perfectly align the pasting of mask paths.

Its damn frustrating and driving me crazy...should I say crazier.

Thanks , in anticipation of help

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Write on paste misalignment Help me please
on Sep 9, 2009 at 5:34:02 pm

[Rob Watson] "We are using five seperate PC machines with same high end specs, running CS4 After effects.... "

Are all of these "high end spec" machines all running the identical projects? I'd think not.

[Rob Watson] "Some machines align the mask path "spot on" and other machines paste the mask path off to the side."

Good news! It's not your machines, it's AE Operator Error -- somebody overlooked a fine point of technique.
When pasting a Mask Path onto a target layer, the layer's H&V size PLUS its pixel aspect ratio must match the layer from which the mask was copied.

For example, let's say you're copying a mask from 960x720 HD video with a 1.33 pixel aspect ratio to paste onto a solid. That solid MUST be 960x720 HD with a 1.33 pixel aspect ratio, or the mask will be off. Fix that detail and life will be good.

And once again, you can brag on your high end spec machines.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]