ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Frame doubling after import into comp?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Beau HollandFrame doubling after import into comp?
by on Sep 9, 2009 at 6:05:42 am

OK... here's the issue. I am working with 23.98 footage. Shot with the RED, edited in FCP, imported into AE and keyed out the green screen. Rendered a quicktime movie. 1920 x 1080, animation codec. Frame rate plays fine. All frames accounted for. One frame at a time, no duplicates.

However, after importing and dropping the clip onto a new composition (new composition icon) the frames are doubled. Not every frame. Here and there, almost at random. It seems as though even though all frames are there when played back in the quicktime viewer (after double clicking on the file in the project browser) once the file is dropped to the timeline it creates a weird drop frame effect. Such as 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 7 8 8 9 10 11 12 12 13 14 15 16 17 17 18 and so on. But like I stated before, this is not the case after opening it in the quicktime viewer in after effects. All frames play as I step through the QT movie. Not good. Please help.

Thanks in advance,

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Frame doubling after import into comp?
by on Sep 9, 2009 at 3:21:28 pm

You probably thought that 23.98 was the actual frame rate. It isn't. It's 23.976, it makes all the difference in the world, and you have no other choice but to go through your entire AE project with a fine-tooth comb and make sure everything is 23.976.

Hey, you live and you learn, right?

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved