ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Please Help! Green Lines After Rendering/Exporting

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex JanickiPlease Help! Green Lines After Rendering/Exporting
by on Sep 8, 2009 at 10:58:03 pm

Alright, so this is getting incredibly frustrating.

Every time I export a video (it doesn't matter what kind, MPEG4, QuickTime etc.) the result comes out with green lines and looks extremely corrupted. Also the preview in AE becomes corrupted as well, however this does not occur UNTIL I export the file, everything looks great until then.

I've included a screenshot of what the result looks like. There are these green lines that flash over the video that completely ruin it.

Any ideas?

Thank you,

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Please Help! Green Lines After Rendering/Exporting
by on Sep 9, 2009 at 3:28:23 pm

I bet you're trying to use HDV footage straight out of the camera, and you're encountering a common problem. So common, in fact that there's a stock answer for it:

Dave's Stock Answer #1:

If the footage you imported into AE is any kind of the following -- footage in an HDV acquisition codec, MPEG1, MPEG2, mp4, m2t, H.261 or H.264 -- you need to convert it to a different codec.

These kinds of footage use temporal, or interframe compression. They have keyframes at regular intervals, containing complete frame information. However, the frames in between do NOT have complete information. Interframe codecs toss out duplicated information.

In order to maintain peak rendering efficiency, AE needs complete information for each and every frame. But because these kinds of footage contain only partial information, AE freaks out, resulting in a wide variety of problems.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Alex JanickiRe: Please Help! Green Lines After Rendering/Exporting
by on Sep 9, 2009 at 7:58:33 pm

Thank you!

I did narrow it down to being the video itself, but this is very useful information!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved