ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Vanishing Point Animation in Ae CS4

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dwight SpitzVanishing Point Animation in Ae CS4
by on Sep 7, 2009 at 8:02:39 pm

Ok, so instead of merely asking, I have made a video of my question

basically, i want to keyframe in After Effects the effect of moving the object in Vanishing Point dialogue in Photoshop

Any help is truly appreciated,

C Cow is the best,

D

Return to posts index

Adolfo RozenfeldRe: Vanishing Point Animation in Ae CS4
by on Sep 8, 2009 at 5:27:53 am

No, the VP perspective planes themselves don't get to AE for that kind of slide along surfaces. The Vanishing Point Exchange (VPE) workflow from PS to AE converts the whole scene into many 3D layers for AE. The idea is mostly to animate a camera around the scene.
There's more information on VPE in this AE Help page

Adolfo Rozenfeld · Adobe

Return to posts index

Dwight SpitzRe: Vanishing Point Animation in Ae CS4
by on Sep 8, 2009 at 2:24:19 pm

So how wouuld I do that then? In your opinion

Return to posts index

Adolfo RozenfeldRe: Vanishing Point Animation in Ae CS4
by on Sep 8, 2009 at 7:38:36 pm

Making an element slide across two planes in 3D is not difficult. The hard part will be matching the perspective of the building in the original.
So, one way to slide an AE 3D layer so that it looks like a texture wrapping when going through the juncture of the two planes could be like this:
1. Create a very wide Comp (custome pixel dimensions).
2. Add your layer inside that Comp.
3. Nest this wide Comp in your main Comp (for example, drag it from the project panel to the main Comp's timeline
3. Duplicate the nested Comp in the main Comp's timeline (when you duplicate a Comp in the timeline, the copy is a clone of the original and keeps in sync. When you duplicate in the project panel, it's a separate instance).
4. Enter the nested Comp, and animate the element in 2D from left to right.
5. In the main Comp, crop both copies of the nested Comp with a rectangular mask, so that they overlap perfectly (the masks make the second comp begin where the other ends).
6. Make both copies 3D.
7. Move the anchor point of the second nested Comp (the one on the right) so that it's aligned with the visible end on the left.
8. Rotate the second Comp 90 degrees in the Y axis.
That's all.
Matching the building's perspective is a different subject :)

Adolfo Rozenfeld · Adobe

Return to posts index

Dwight SpitzRe: Vanishing Point Animation in Ae CS4
by on Sep 10, 2009 at 6:05:47 am

Thank you I wish I checked it yesterday, or earlier, I am going about it in a crazy odd way and I'll post the results later today, it's for a class, ok, I will try your way, in the near future. Thanks again for the help, appearently masking is what you may be talking about

until next time,

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]