ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peter Ventrescathanks
by on Sep 6, 2009 at 5:48:17 pm

Thanks for the responses. I figured it out by selecting in the "Output Module Settings" under the Video Output settings. For "Color" I selected Straight (Unmatted). Then, for "Channels" I selected RGB + Alpha. When i brought the resulting avi file into Premiere pro, it superimposed properly and achieved the desired result.

If any of you have time, again, what does the "alpha" truely mean in regards to color, etc.

I'll google it regardless. thanks again.

Peter Ventresca
Videographer / Editor
Frozen Sight Productions

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: thanks
by on Sep 7, 2009 at 1:09:47 am

> If any of you have time, again, what does the "alpha" truely mean in regards to color, etc.

from "About alpha channels":

"Color information in After Effects is contained in three channels: red (R), green (G), and blue (B). In addition, an image can include an invisible fourth channel, called an alpha channel, that contains transparency information. Sometimes, such an image is referred to as an RGBA image, indicating that it contains an alpha channel."

Also, Aharon has a good explanation in "What is an alpha channel?" here on the COW:

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved