ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Pixelation after sending to Premier Pro

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Geoff BoultPixelation after sending to Premier Pro
by on Sep 5, 2009 at 11:16:34 pm

Hi all,

Very first time in here, and a new user of AE (think its fab)

Just wondering if anyone has any good solutions to my problem.

Creating motion titles with audio in AE, exporting them into Prem Pro and they pixelate quite a bit.

Here are my Comp settings:

Preset: PAL D1/DV
720x576
Pixel Aspect Ratio: D!/DV PAL (1.09)
Resolution: Full

I need to take it to Premier to add other clips, and then send to Encore to Burn to DVD

Can anyone tell me what my presets SHOULD be, and what the exporting should be, and also my presets for Prem Pro to then bring the titles in and not be pixelated.

Many thanks
Geoff B

Return to posts index

Hannes PaulssonRe: Pixelation after sending to Premier Pro
by on Sep 6, 2009 at 9:38:51 pm

I suggest you choose "quictime" as your container, and "animation" as your compressor, and set the quality to 100.

This will generate a lossless file, and it will be quite large, but that's just the way it is. Bear in mind that this file will be very heavy and wont play in realtime outside of your editing software.

If this the file gets too big for you, you can choose "photo - jpeg" as your compressor. You could set the quality to about 95 or something. Don't go too low. This will render quite fast, and the quality loss shouldn't be noticeable.

By the way, when you go from Premiere to after effects, you don't need to render it out. You can just select your timeline in your project bin in permere, hit copy, go in to after effects and hit paste. The timeline will show up as composition, containing your whole project.

Return to posts index

Geoff BoultRe: Pixelation after sending to Premier Pro
by on Sep 7, 2009 at 9:26:06 am

Hi Hannes,

Thanks for the advice, I will try this later. Just so im clear.

I create my animated titles in After effects, render out using Quicktime as my container, and 'animation' as my compressor, with a quality setting of 100/95%.

I am taking my animated titles then to Premier Pro for use with still image fade ins/outs between titles, then sending to Encore for burn to DVD.

Are there any particular set up settings I should only be using when starting my compositions in After Effects ect, this is for an end product DVD for standard Tv's, not for widescreen?

Thanks again.
Geoff B

Return to posts index

Hannes PaulssonRe: Pixelation after sending to Premier Pro
by on Sep 7, 2009 at 12:03:52 pm

Well, that depends on if you want it to be NTSC or PAL. Use the presets Pal D1/DV if you want PAL, and NTSC D1 (or NTSC DV, not quite sure wich one, since I'm from sweden and always use PAL).

But other than that, no, this should do it. If diskspace isn't an issue, there is no reason to not use 100% quality with the animation compressor.

Return to posts index

Geoff BoultRe: Pixelation after sending to Premier Pro
by on Sep 7, 2009 at 12:25:45 pm

Hi Hannes,

Yes I will be using PAL too.

I have rendered as to your specs, and then brought it into Encore as an Asset, stuck it on the timeline, burned it to DVD and had a 'HUGE' (and I mean ...HUGE....) grin on my face when the titles were vertual perfect quality on the TV.

I thank you very much. This is why newbees like me come to these furums, for advice off experts like you!

Cheers
Geoff B

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]