ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

RED footage, DPX files...Working Space + Color Management Issues

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark WardRED footage, DPX files...Working Space + Color Management Issues
by on Sep 4, 2009 at 6:24:45 pm

Okay...so first time working with RED footage as well as DPX files of the same footage (to prepare for files to be generated from a color correction session). Project Settings > Working Space is set to None. I've been able to import both formats and work with them but the color is different from one another (the RED is blueish, the DPX are greenish). I have played with the default settings in Interpret Footage > Cineon Settings but none of them seem to really look right. Any tips on setting either a Working Space or Interpretation settings to find consistency? Any advice working with these file formats is welcome and much, much appreciated.

Thanks!

2 x 2.8GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon
NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT
10GB RAM

Return to posts index

Mike TavalasRe: RED footage, DPX files...Working Space + Color Management Issues
by on Sep 16, 2009 at 12:18:02 pm

Anyone got any tips for this problem? If I load red footage into AA CS4 I get the footage in a light color, like the brightness was set up way to high. In adobe, the footage pops up fine.. Any ideas?
Big thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Ken De CoomanRe: RED footage, DPX files...Working Space + Color Management Issues
by on Apr 27, 2010 at 12:21:53 pm

Hello,

just to bump this post: I have exactly the same problem as described above: RED footage in After Effects lighter dan in Premiere, with same settings.

Anyone got a clue?

Thanks,

Ken

Return to posts index

Ken De CoomanRe: RED footage, DPX files...Working Space + Color Management Issues
by on Apr 27, 2010 at 12:38:01 pm

Nevermind, found it: it's explained in the RED plugin workflow for PPro and AE manual from the guys at RED.

Return to posts index

Michael JiaRe: RED footage, DPX files...Working Space + Color Management Issues
by on Sep 11, 2010 at 7:07:55 am

try this:

1. File-Project Settings-Working Space - none

2. Select the footage in the project tab - right click - Interpret Footage - main - color management tab - check on "preserve RGB"

The color should be back to the orignal to your footage

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]