ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Snow Leopard + Adobe = incompatible with XDCAM EX footage

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nicholas SheraSnow Leopard + Adobe = incompatible with XDCAM EX footage
by on Sep 4, 2009 at 10:23:56 am

I installed Snow Leopard the other day and have only now discovered, much to my irritation, that whenever I try to import progressive XDCAM EX footage into either Adobe After Effects or Premiere Pro, both programs freeze and I have to force quit them. Strangely, for projects that already contain such footage (since I created them several weeks ago before installing Snow Leopard), there is no issue playing them back in After Effects or Premiere. Also, there is *no issue* importing interlaced XDCAM EX footage. Go figure!

I am considering downgrading back to Leopard to resolve this issue. I do not want to do a "clean install" of Snow Leopard if I can help it.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Snow Leopard + Adobe = incompatible with XDCAM EX footage
by on Sep 4, 2009 at 2:57:42 pm

Please file a bug report when you run into problems like this. That's the only way to be sure that Adobe knows about the problem.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Snow Leopard + Adobe = incompatible with XDCAM EX footage
by on Sep 4, 2009 at 3:55:13 pm

[Nicholas Shera] "I am considering downgrading back to Leopard to resolve this issue. I do not want to do a "clean install" of Snow Leopard if I can help it. "

If that's the case, you'd better downgrade right now and pray that the downgrade doesn't screw things up further.

The Final Cut Pro guys here on the Cow -- well, those FCP guys who are considered to be the Real Authorities -- swear up & down that the only universally-approved way to install a new operating system is to do a clean install of EVERYTHING, especially if you deal with multimedia files.

It's too bad you didn't clone your system drive prior to attempting the upgrade: you could have been back in business already. Ah, well, it's a good trick to know for Apple's next big OS 10 upgrade.

I wonder what they'll call it. Ocelot? Kittycat? Fluffy? How long do you think Apple can keep up the feline nomenclature?

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Nicholas SheraRe: Snow Leopard + Adobe = incompatible with XDCAM EX footage
by on Sep 5, 2009 at 1:04:12 am

Well initially I was going to wait a month or so before upgrading to Snow Leopard. Then I heard that Adobe said that all its products work fine on Snow Leopard. That's the last time I trust anything from Adobe!!! I fear that a clean install will be required, however I won't know whether a clean install of SL will do the trick or not, or whether I shouldn't risk it and just do a clean install of Leopard.

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Snow Leopard + Adobe = incompatible with XDCAM EX footage
by on Sep 5, 2009 at 1:09:59 am

> That's the last time I trust anything from Adobe!!!

Then I guess there's no point in me pointing to this page as a suggestion.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web

Return to posts index

Nicholas SheraRe: Snow Leopard + Adobe = incompatible with XDCAM EX footage
by on Sep 5, 2009 at 1:12:49 am

Within the last 12 hours or so, Adobe have posted a huge update (about 690 MB) which covers just about everything in their Creative Suite. I'm going to download these updates, but I won't hold my breath waiting for it to fix my particular issue.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]