ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Importing footage

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan ClarkImporting footage
by on Sep 3, 2009 at 11:58:27 pm

I am new to adobe after effects and my first problem seems to be importing a video. I have attempted to import videos from a FlipVideo camera and a Samsung DV. After giving up on the flipvideos I moved on to the Samsung. The videos from this camera are AVI and I believe should play, but the After Effects program seems to be reading them only as a still image. I am in the process of thinking about purchasing the QuickTime Pro, but would rather not take the chance before hearing others opinions on my situation. Any help would be grand. Thanks

Return to posts index

Danny WinnRe: Importing footage
by on Sep 4, 2009 at 3:27:22 am

You're not supposed to import the files from your camera (That's called capturing footage). You need to capture your footage from your camera with a capturing program like Adobe Premire Pro or even Microsoft Movie Maker if you use windows.

After effects imports files that already exist on your hard drive, I've never heard of anyone importing from a camera or other device.

If there's a way to do it I've never heard of it.

Return to posts index

Ryan ClarkRe: Importing footage
by on Sep 7, 2009 at 7:52:18 pm

Thank you very much Danny, I will most deffinatly try that. That should have popped into my head right away.

Return to posts index

Ryan ClarkRe: Importing footage
by on Sep 19, 2009 at 10:32:48 pm

This did not work. i saved a video in movie maker and AAe still did not recognize it so i saved it as a movie file in movie maker and it still did not recognize it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved