ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Motion Tracking problems!!!!!

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Emiliano AguirreMotion Tracking problems!!!!!
by on Sep 3, 2009 at 8:25:51 pm

Hi, need help!!. I have a clip that ther is a car parked in the street. The camera moves a lot, and what i want its to put a text in the car. To make like if the text its stuck to de car i use de motion tracking. But when i finish the text dosent stay still, it moves in the same place back and foward an in some times it moves to another position, the tracking its not working well. What coud be the problem?. Sorry for my english.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Motion Tracking problems!!!!!
by on Sep 3, 2009 at 10:22:01 pm

[Emiliano Aguirre] "The camera moves a lot... Sorry for my english."

Don't worry. I know English-speaking people on this forum who write as if they live on the planet Mars.

Usually, three things make a motion track much easier:
1) Pick track points in the shot that do NOT leave the screen. You want two points to track both x-y position and rotation. You should pick two colorful points, or two high-contrast points. They do NOT need to be on the car.
2) Make sure the inner track box surrounds the entire track point, and make sure the outer box is large enough to contain the track point from one frame to the next. If the track point goes outside the outer box, make the box bigger! It will take more time to analyze the track, but you are not trying to set speed records -- you are making sure you get a good track.
3) Understand that the track will probably not be perfect the first time. Don't be afraid to adjust the various tracking controls (pre-blur, etc) and try again.

Watch the track window carefully as AE analyzes the track. If it strays from the track point, stop it and try again. You may find that you have to pick other track points.

When you finally get a good track, apply the track to a Null Object. Then parent the text to the null object, and adjust the text's Anchor Point and Rotation to make it look right in the shot.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Peter O'ConnellRe: Motion Tracking problems!!!!!
by on Sep 4, 2009 at 1:16:21 am

Hola Emiliano, you could do it in Mocha for AE.

Rogue Keyframe
Feature Film Compositing

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved