ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Add to Render Que

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Rawers
Add to Render Que
on Sep 3, 2009 at 1:16:39 pm

About a day ago every time I add a composition to the render queue the output to: defaults to somersault.ffx ?????

And I can not change it to the name of my comp and the output module?

has anyone else seen this issue? I don't think I changed any preferences.

Please Help thanks!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Add to Render Que
on Sep 3, 2009 at 3:19:41 pm

While working on this project, did you decide to make an effects favorite... but got sidetracked, perhaps?

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Mike Rawers
on Sep 3, 2009 at 3:27:29 pm

Normally I would say yes of course I did. And then pretend I knew how to do that. But unless I accidentally hit the shortcut for that process then no I was not trying to create a favorite.

I did figure out that in the render queue if I click the output mode drop down and then got to Custom I can get the options I am use to seeing. But I prefer not to have to do this...

Does that help at all?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Sep 3, 2009 at 3:45:00 pm

A couple of things to check:
Check AE's effects and see if there's a canned effect called "somersault"; I'm not sitting in front of my AE machine. You may have accidentally tried to save over it with some weird keystroke combination, as you mention.

Then check out the Edit>Templates>Render Settings and Edit>Templates>Output Module commands. That's where you set the defaults AE will automatically use when you add items to the Render Queue.

And if you don't have this bookmarked already, do so:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/AfterEffects/9.0/index.html

It can be a life saver. It even has a search function. Best of all, you don't have to wait around for somebody to answer you back.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Mike Rawers
on Sep 3, 2009 at 3:48:47 pm

Bookmarked. THANKS! Yes somersault is a predefined effect. I am check the settings now. I will post my findings. Thanks for your help

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]