ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

64 bit Windows 7 and AE CS3

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lon Waitman
64 bit Windows 7 and AE CS3
on Sep 3, 2009 at 7:01:37 am

Hi, I presently work on a dual quad core system with Win XP Pro, with CS3 Production Premium Suite. I desperately desire to use more RAM and am thinking about Win 7 64 bit. Any issues I should be concerned about as far as After Effects (and the rest of the CS3 suite) are concerned? Thanks.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: 64 bit Windows 7 and AE CS3
on Sep 3, 2009 at 8:34:31 pm

[Lon Waitman] "Any issues I should be concerned about as far as After Effects (and the rest of the CS3 suite) are concerned?"

A while ago, the guys at Adobe pointed out that AE9 was released a couple of months BEFORE Microsoft released Win7... and they wouldn't guarantee the two would play nice together. I expect they're working on it, but I'm no mind reader.

That said, you can pretty much guess the amount of effort Adobe will put into making AE8 -- your now-old version of AE -- work seamlessly with Win7. Keep in mind that Adobe wants you to buy AE9, not AE8.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Lon Waitman
on Sep 3, 2009 at 9:09:10 pm

Thanks, Dave. I appreciate your insights. And yes (sigh), I figured that CS3 and Win 7 would never play well together. Do you have any idea when CS5 is expected to come out?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Sep 3, 2009 at 9:15:35 pm

No clue. Gawd, I hope it isn't soon!

I still haven't gotten my CS4 software package to work right on my windows box at home. I need to get a whole new motherboard with Intel processors, not those AMD things.... then reinstall all the stinkin' software, every blessed piece of it.

Ugh. I'm a computer user, not a computer builder, y'know? And I'm more comfy on Macs to boot....

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Kim Segel
on Sep 16, 2009 at 4:14:50 am

I'm running CS4 on Win-7 RC and it's pretty stable. I haven't had any problems with AE or PS.

I can only imagine that the Win-7 RTM will be just as good.

A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.

--Emo Philips

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]