ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

AE cs4 changes date modified for assets?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Haworth
AE cs4 changes date modified for assets?
on Sep 2, 2009 at 6:43:05 pm

Maybe this is just me but...has anybody else noticed CS4 changing the "date modified" info on mov's (or any type of asset files) that have been imported into an AE project? Basically it seems to be changing the date modified of any used assets to whatever date I open the AE file, which is really frustrating because I use date modified in my workflow to help determine the latest renders. Of course I try to use file naming conventions as a primary way of telling what's latest, but it's great to be able to sort (in finder) by date modified, descending, and quickly ID the latest file (especially in a collaborative environment). Never had this problem with previous versions of AE or FCP. Anyone? Thanks!
-daniel

Macpro 2.8 Quad Xeon
8gb ram
OS 10.5.8

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: AE cs4 changes date modified for assets?
on Sep 2, 2009 at 6:46:34 pm

This sounds like one of those screwy things that the latest -- and FREE -- AE update might correct. Do you have AE 9.0.4?

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Daniel Haworth
on Sep 2, 2009 at 6:51:53 pm

Nope, will try that. Thanks Dave!

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Sep 2, 2009 at 8:20:40 pm

I'd bet that you have the Write XMP IDs To Files On Import preference checked.

"Because writing the ID to a file is considered a modification, the modification date of a source file may be updated the first time the file is imported."

See "XMP metadata in After Effects" for more information.

BTW, I found this by searching for 'modification date' in After Effects Help.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

Daniel Haworth
on Sep 2, 2009 at 8:38:56 pm

Yup, sure did! I unchecked it, we'll see if that solves it. It would certainly make sense! that it would! Thanks a mil!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]