ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Reshape?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Todd SchmidtReshape?
by on Sep 2, 2009 at 3:45:29 pm

Hi,

Was wondering something about reshape. I morphed a butterfly into a logo. Worked and looks great. But when I went into PS and changed some wording and reloaded the footage in AE I lost all the reshape morphing!Now I have to do the pain in the butt thing to re morph it. Any clue as to why this happened? Its the same shape, the text just changed!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Reshape?
by on Sep 2, 2009 at 4:01:33 pm

You changed the Photoshop document: how was AE to know you'd only changed the text?

Next time, you'll know enough to make text in a separate Photoshop document... or just make the text in AE.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Todd SchmidtRe: Reshape?
by on Sep 2, 2009 at 5:01:10 pm

I just thought that it wouldn't make a differance. Wspecially since my morph was created in AE and the outline is there. Why would I lose my key frames? Also text isn't very good in AE and my PS doc is very nice and creative.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Reshape?
by on Sep 2, 2009 at 5:09:51 pm

[Todd Schmidt] "I just thought that it wouldn't make a differance."

Well, it does.

[Todd Schmidt] "Why would I lose my key frames"

Because you changed the document containing the source layers upon which you created those outlines.

[Todd Schmidt] "...text isn't very good in AE and my PS doc is very nice and creative."

Then by all means, knock yourself out and make all that nice, creative text in Photoshop. Just do it in a separate document. It won't kill you.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]