ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Rendering Issues

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Patrick GreenRendering Issues
by on Sep 2, 2009 at 12:04:09 pm

This is not a problem for a specific project but more something that I seem to consistently struggle with.

I am an animator and make most of my projects using a combination of hand drawn (scanned in and coloured in Photoshop), Flash, Photoshop and After Effects. I will usually import still images into AE as .png's from photoshop and import moving images as a .png sequences from either Flash or my hand drawn images.

I will then build the animation in AE and add any effects, lighting and cameras from within AE.

I will render as a .mov using best quality, full res and animation codecs.

When I view my animations on a monitor they look perfect but if I play them through a tv or projector they look awful, with washed out colours, blurry text with the focus being far from sharp. I personally think it isn't the rendering settings I'm not convinced that it is the rendering settings that I am using but more something I am failing to do at an earlier stage with my imgages? Is there something that I should be setting in Flash and Photoshop? Could there be a problem with colours I am using (I always use tv safe colours)? Is it something to do with the filetypes of my images?

I am from UK so export at 25fps, PAL.

If anybody can think of any reason why my projects always seem to look bad as a finished product on TV and projectors then please let me know. Or of there are any helpful links on how to build a project. It can't be that hard as any competitions I enter or films I have seen at public screenings always look fine (apart from mine). I really do not know what or where I am going wrong.

Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved