ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

A Couple After Effects/Keying Problems! Please Help!

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hamilton MarshallA Couple After Effects/Keying Problems! Please Help!
by on Sep 1, 2009 at 1:49:44 am¤t=t...

The link above is to a sample video I made earlier! Maybe I'm being picky... but I know there's a way to fix this... hopefully you can see the issue even though this version of the video is small. Basically I'm using a green screen I built in one of my rooms. When I look at the video it's as if my shirt is flickering... it's not constant. I should note that this was also present in the source video from my camera. I guess a better way to describe it is that it looks like there's movement in the shirt? like TV snow. I can see a similar flickering around my hair but I'm sure that's more to do with the keying. Any suggestions on how to stop the movement/snow in the shirt?

Also, I've noticed that when I select to render with after effects, I always get a hugeeee file. that 30 second video was a 600mb avi. How should I change the settings so I get a normal uploadable file? Thanks for your suggestions.

Return to posts index

Jim DodsonRe: A Couple After Effects/Keying Problems! Please Help!
by on Sep 1, 2009 at 2:38:03 pm

2 thoughts:

Are you using "Keylight" to pull the key? If so, twirl open "screen matte" and under "Replace colour" choose "source"...

Also, you can pre-treat your footage with "Remove Grain" as follows:

To quickly reduce the noise of a sequence that has a lot of buzzing noise, set the Noise Reduction value to zero and the Temporal Filtering Amount to 100%, and render the sequence.

Do the remove grain in a precomp then pull a key on the precomped layer....

The key will have significantly less "chatter" and your shirt will be far less "noisy"....

As for file size, I usually let After Effects make its huge render file (so I have good quality) then using Quicktime export a smaller h264 codec for internet/emailing etc, but if you prefer, in the Render Cue, if you click on your current Output module then go to "Format Options" you can choose h264 which makes a very nice web-sized file for you....

Jim Dodson

8 Core Intel -- Mac - OSX

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved