ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

New Comp help

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Oliver McShoohNew Comp help
by on Sep 1, 2009 at 12:45:37 am

Hey I'm sort of new to After Effects and I'm having troubles getting the composition size to be correct to that of my footage. I shot the footage with a Sony HVR-Z1U in HDV 1080i. My footage has been imported to be 1440 x 1080 in 16:9, However when I drop the footage into a new comp it squashes my footage into 4:3. And if i click New Composition myself and use the HDV 1080 preset and set the Pixel aspect ratio to HDV 1080/DVCPRO HD 720 (1.33) it still doesnt work. Wondering if someone could help me out here to get it to be the right size. Also, I was wondering which is the best format/settings to render HDV footage as out of After Effects once I'm done?

Return to posts index

Danny WinnRe: New Comp help
by on Sep 1, 2009 at 2:01:50 am

Hey Oliver,

I think I know whats going on here. after you drop your footage into a new comp, there is a little button at the bottom of the video window. It's just to the right of the "1 view" dropdown arrow, it's a rectangle with a line and an arrow point on each end above it. If you hover over it with your mouse it's called "Toggle pixel aspect ratio correction" Click that and see if it makes your comp appear full wide (16.9).

As far as rendering out, click on the word "lossless" then I select "stretch" then "HDTV 1080 30Fps", you'll have to match the same as the footage you shot unless you're up or down converting. Don't forget to click the checkmark on your audio too if you have audio.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved