ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joshua DeVitaWater?
by on Aug 31, 2009 at 1:51:45 pm

Ok im kinda new at after effects...
What i want to do is like create a vortex of water, with someone standing in the middle. I want the water to look as realistic as i can get it. Also so the person in the middle can like..stick his hand threw it, realistically.
Would this be something i would need Maya for? or can i do this in after effects.. (Or some other app?)
Also if i figure out the first question i can probably figure this out.. I want to like, have water spraying out of a hose, or like shooting out of someones hand..
Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

david bogieRe: Water?
by on Aug 31, 2009 at 3:58:10 pm

After Effects is not a natural phenomena simulation system. It's a compositor in which you will combine your elements from live footage and 3D animation systems.

Trying to simulate water in AE is difficult, making it interact with a greenscreened actor is even more difficult. The results are highly stylized and unrealsitc. CC Particle World will give you the water drops or a stream of water from a hose and a maelstrom can be faked by distortion or compound effects but there is no 3D down-the-drain representation.

Return to posts index

Joshua DeVitaRe: Water?
by on Aug 31, 2009 at 4:55:05 pm

Thanks for your response.
Well i want to make good realistic water so what would be a good "natural phenomena simulation system", or what ever its called that would work with after effects? (so i can import it in and stuff without alot of trouble)

Return to posts index

Nico JonesRe: Water?
by on Sep 1, 2009 at 2:15:47 pm

Perhaps this?

Nico J BB

Return to posts index

Joshua DeVitaRe: Water?
by on Sep 1, 2009 at 5:56:36 pm

Thanks that looks like it will work.
Got any tutorials that will help me with what im trying to do? (make a water vortex and make it move around the actor)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved