ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Space evenly horizontally (align objects/text) like in Flash

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Horst DendemannSpace evenly horizontally (align objects/text) like in Flash
by on Aug 31, 2009 at 12:43:20 pm

Hello everybody,
i'm sorry, probably this is very basic but i don't get it:
i have four text objects and i want to align them with space evenly horizontally like i know it from flash or fireworks... i don't see this "align/distribute"-feature in the after affects align panel...
how can i do it?
thanks and best wishes,
mika

Return to posts index

william legarretaRe: Space evenly horizontally (align objects/text) like in Flash
by on Aug 31, 2009 at 12:59:26 pm

Just go up to the top menu options click "window" and in the drop down selection you should see "align/Distribute" option, if that doesnt work maybe the tab got moved someplace off screen in which case I would reset your "workspace" to standard so everything pops back into place. ( windows>Workspace>Reset Standard )

Return to posts index

Horst DendemannRe: Space evenly horizontally (align objects/text) like in Flash
by on Aug 31, 2009 at 1:10:32 pm

yes thanks, i see the align panel... but none of the align/distribute-symbols work like the space-align-symbol in flash or fireworks!
or did i miss something...

Return to posts index

david bogieRe: Space evenly horizontally (align objects/text) like in Flash
by on Aug 31, 2009 at 4:00:11 pm

[Horst Dendemann] "yes thanks, i see the align panel... but none of the align/distribute-symbols work like the space-align-symbol in flash or fireworks! "

They work for me just as expected. Time to pop open the manual?

bogiesan

Return to posts index

william legarretaRe: Space evenly horizontally (align objects/text) like in Flash
by on Aug 31, 2009 at 4:52:24 pm

Oh I think I see what you mean. In flash its possible to ad more than one object in a single layer so you have the option to distribute those objects to their own layer. In AE thats not necessary, every ojbect you put in the timeline or drag on stage is in its own layer automatically. If you want to align the layers you have to be sure you have them all selected and then the align options will work as needed. Hope that answers you're question.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]