ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

trapcode particular - keyframing gravity

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Igor Burgstallertrapcode particular - keyframing gravity
by on Aug 31, 2009 at 8:41:53 am

Hi guys

I'm triing to achieve a teleport effect like videogame Team Fortress 2 (nice game eheh)...all works fine, but i have a problem...i need the particle born (from a layer) with no gravity, and then they fall down bouncing on the floor...but gravity is not keyfremable :(

I tried using 2 particular layer, but it's not so good (and it's not an elegant compositing :P )

How can i do it?

Here the teleport in game:

(0' 13")

Thank you!

Igor

Return to posts index

Kevin CampRe: trapcode particular - keyframing gravity
by on Aug 31, 2009 at 11:52:45 am

hi igor,

if you need to 'pause' gravity, you could try keyframing the physics time factor. 0 will freeze the particle systems movement, keyframing back to 1 will take it back to normal.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer
KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW

Return to posts index

Igor BurgstallerRe: trapcode particular - keyframing gravity
by on Aug 31, 2009 at 1:10:17 pm

Just tried, but i need the particles born, while they are freezed in space...the pyhsic time factor freeze all propreties..mhh

Return to posts index

by on Aug 31, 2009 at 2:05:58 pm

can you have all your particles appear at once (like in the example)?

then you could time the freeze to the frame right after the particles are born...

say you set the particle birth rate to 10000 particles, set a keyframe for that on the first frame, then 0 on the second frame, so all your particles are borm on one frame. then set the time factor to 1 on the first frame, then 0 on the second frame to freeze those particles right after they are born. set those to hold keyframes (select them then choose animation>keyframe assistant>toggle hold keyframes).

then just add a keyframe setting the time factor back to 1 where you want the particles to start falling.

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer
KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW

Return to posts index

Igor BurgstallerRe: trapcode particular - keyframing gravity
by on Aug 31, 2009 at 2:25:53 pm

Uhm, setting particles number from 10000 to 0 in 1 frame, they will born with no animation (fade and size), 'cause the fast keyframe..right? However, i'll try this, so i can better understand.

Thank you again

Return to posts index

by on Aug 31, 2009 at 2:50:20 pm

[Igor Burgstaller] "setting particles number from 10000 to 0 in 1 frame, they will born with no animation (fade and size)"

yep, they will all appear on the first frame.

you could try manipulating the layer while the particles are frozen.

fade in is easy... just keyframe the layer's opacity. size is more difficult, maybe try simple choker to make it look like they are increasing in size... if the particles are soft, you may also need to keyframe some blur back in too (choking tends to harden the edges).

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer
KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]