ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Changing individual position values in a series of keyframes

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bernice GonzalezChanging individual position values in a series of keyframes
by on Aug 28, 2009 at 6:22:53 pm

Hi, is there any way of changing just the x or y value on a series of position keyframes?

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Changing individual position values in a series of keyframes
by on Aug 28, 2009 at 9:21:00 pm

You can select all of the keyframes and drag the x or y values in the Timeline panel. (See this page.)

Also, you can separate Position into its components if you'd rather work that way.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
putting the 'T' back in 'RTFM' : After Effects Help on the Web
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a page of After Effects Help answers your question, please consider rating it. If you have a tip, technique, or link to share---or if there is something that you'd like to see added or improved---please leave a comment.

Return to posts index

Greg NeumayerRe: Changing individual position values in a series of keyframes
by on Aug 28, 2009 at 10:30:01 pm

You could link the x or y to another value such as an expression slider. I do this sometimes to attenuate the overall effect of my keyframes. For example, I had a flickering light that I decided I wanted to fade up, so I linked that light level (which contained many keyframes) to an expression slider, and keyframed that slider with a start value end value keyframe.

Antifreeze Design
http://www.antifreezedesign.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]