ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

buying high res maps

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
aaron martinezbuying high res maps
by on Aug 28, 2009 at 3:43:53 pm

hello, i am working on a project for a tv series that requiers several maps per episode. the production company does not own any maps and i was put to the task to find maps and present a few buying options.

they are looking for this google map typo animation, where we are zoomed into a city.

my question is does anyone know where i can get such maps, does anyone have some experience to share. I googled satellite maps and it seems there are so many different options, so i thought i may ask here for some valuable expert advice...

i would appreciate any help, thanks a million.

Return to posts index

Erik WaluskaRe: buying high res maps
by on Aug 29, 2009 at 3:19:34 pm

If they want a Google type of animation, then I would suggest that they purchase a license from Google to broadcast the Google Earth images. It's a little expensive but if you're doing several map animations per episode then it would be well worth it I would think. Google also has an application that will allow you to animate the Google Earth map the way you want and then export it as a movie file.

If you want a more sophisticated looking animation then check out Video Copilot's tutorial called "Earth Zoom" (I think that's the name), which uses Google Earth images but the animation is done in After Effects. You'd still have to license the images for broadcast but it may be cheaper. I'm not really sure exactly how they determine licensing fees.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved