ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Screen mode layer on top of a transparent PNG footage problem

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Carl CropleyScreen mode layer on top of a transparent PNG footage problem
by on Aug 28, 2009 at 11:29:49 am

Hi I wonder if anybody could help me with this problem.
Im in CS4 and the background of the comp is Red, I have one layer of a series of PNG's which shows the red of the comp through. then i have another layer of black and white JPG's on top in screen mode for a glow effect.
I need to save out a series of transparent PNG's to make an animation with the transparent glow effect on top.

The problem is the black that should be transparent on the Screen layer still turns out black and you can't seem to get rid of it when you eport as a series of png's.

I have used the Screen layer as an Luma matte on a white solid and that solves the problem..but i have some subtle blue halos i would like to keep in the animation that get lost.

Can anybody help?

Cheers

Carl

Return to posts index

Erik WaluskaRe: Screen mode layer on top of a transparent PNG footage problem
by on Aug 29, 2009 at 3:53:15 pm

First, try to pre-compose the black and white JPEGs sequence.

If that alone doesn't work then apply Effect>Channel>Shift Channels and Effect>Channel>Remove Color Matting to your B&W JPEG pre-comp layer. In the Shift Channels effect set the "Take Alpha From" to "Luminance". Leave the Remove Color Matting effect at its default settings. This will create an alpha channel from the black area of the image and remove the dark fringe around the soft edges of the images.

-E

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]