ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

OK Frame Rate riddle for you guys?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rudy Shalamar
OK Frame Rate riddle for you guys?
on Aug 28, 2009 at 2:47:38 am

I needed to create an 8 second comp of an image sequence However, the image sequence was only 2 seconds long. So I time strecthed it to 8 seconds. Everything looked fine but when i rendered it obviously played back 4x slower (slow motion).

So as a work around I rendered the video at a frame rate of 7.5 (1/4 speed of the 30) in order to get the file back to "normal" looking speed. The project is choppy/stop animation style so the missing frames didnt matter stylistically.

Now the big question is this. How the heck do I get that 7.5 frame video back into a different comp of 30 frame rate but somehow keep it looking "normal" and not slow motion again.

I tried creating a new comp of the 7.5 and nesting it inside the 30. However, the same old slow motion came back.

Any ideas, thank you!

Return to posts index

Mike roberts
Re: OK Frame Rate riddle for you guys?
on Aug 28, 2009 at 3:01:04 am

If you stretch it out 2 seconds worth of frames to 8 seconds, it's always going to look stretched. If you crush it back down, it's going to go back to where you started. I'm not totally sure what you're going for. Can you explain further what you're trying to achieve? You can always interpret footage and changes the frame rate of your sequence so that it plays at the speed you like. Saves you stretching it.

Return to posts index

scott novasic
on Aug 28, 2009 at 5:37:51 am

twixtor pro is the best tool out there for dramatically slowing down or speeding up footage. If you can afford it, i find it an incredible tool....

SuperNova
Animation & Visual Effects
Scott Novasic
Los Angeles Ca
web:http://web.mac.com/finaleffects

Return to posts index

Tom Scott
on Aug 28, 2009 at 9:07:08 am

I'm confused...it sounded to me like you want 2 seconds of footage to run for 8 seconds, but not play in slow motion. Maybe it's just because I'm tired. LOL.

DISCLAIMER: The contents of this post are based primarily on the opinions/understanding of the author. However, commonly known facts may also be included, when relevant.

Return to posts index

Erik Lindahl
on Aug 28, 2009 at 10:38:33 am

Sounds like you have images that you want to play-back at 7.5 fps in a 30 fps timeline? I.e each image is show for 3-4 frames or so?

I'm not 100% sure the best solution to achieve that. How does AE handle it if you import you image sequence. state that it's a 7.5 fps sequence and then place it in a 30 fps comp?

Since you're only dealing with such a small amount of footage you could also manually just add each frame for 3 or 4 frames. That's what I've done when we do animatic work here at the studio.

Erik Lindahl
Freecloud Communication
------------------------

Return to posts index

Rudy Shalamar
on Aug 28, 2009 at 1:04:22 pm

Hi Erik,

I think adding 3 duplicate frames is the way to go. Thank you for the idea. Now I need to figure out how to do that! haha

Thank you!

Return to posts index

Peter O'Connell
on Aug 29, 2009 at 5:33:34 pm

Hi, try going to the last frame and hitting command option comma.
Pete

Rogue Keyframe
Feature Film Compositing

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]