ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Trapcode 3D Stroke and camera movements

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Karlis JaunzemsTrapcode 3D Stroke and camera movements
by on Aug 27, 2009 at 7:08:06 am

Hello,

i'm not the most experienced person in AE but will try to explain my problem as best as i can.

So, i'm doing this animation which is part of 3min promo video for company and director wants this sort of animation. There is EU map from Top view at first coming in from righ. then camera tracks in and cranes down to map so the only shipment cities become visible (rotate on X axis by 60 degrees [map goes down but few cities rise up]). all that is sort of set and done. the problem starts when i need to animate shipment arrow-like-lines. i've tried different ways. the most suitable seemed trapcode 3d stroke, but i have problem with it when i need to animate it with the compositions camera. when i enable it and put it at the frame i need it to start to animate the stroke, it just disappears. compositions camera is in quite a macro close up of the main city (project is 1080p). so the question is: is there a way how to make those shipment lines, 'glue' them to the specific places on the map in 3d space and animate with comp's camera?

i really hope that i explained it understandably.

thank you in advance!

Best Regards,
Karlis Jaunzems

Return to posts index

Jamie BradshawRe: Trapcode 3D Stroke and camera movements
by on Aug 27, 2009 at 10:56:05 am

Hi Karlis.

Do you want your shipment lines to be stuck to your map? As if they are being drawn onto the map? If so then it sounds like you want to first create a 2D composition using 3D stroke to animate the shipment lines on the map. Then take this composition in to another comp and have it as a 3D layer with your camera movement.

I hope this helps.

Jamie

JimJam•Graphics
http://www.jimjamgraphics.com/

Return to posts index

Karlis JaunzemsRe: Trapcode 3D Stroke and camera movements
by on Aug 30, 2009 at 2:27:43 pm

the problem with this one is that the camera is in that other comp and it animates the pre-composed map with strokes as a picture. which means that 3d strokes are flat 2d. maybe there is another way how to do that?

Best Regards,
Karlis Jaunzems

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]