ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

a melting effect ?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lucia Bastenhofa melting effect ?
by on Aug 26, 2009 at 6:01:47 pm

Hi ! :-)
I 'd like to know if you think it's possible to recreate the "melt effect" as we can see it on this photo, in After Effects. I've already tried different options, but it doesn't work yet...

If you think it's possible, would you have some ideas on how to achieve it ? (I'm trying to make melting people)

Thanks a lot ! :-)

Return to posts index

Larry S. Evans IIRe: a melting effect ?
by on Aug 26, 2009 at 6:14:35 pm

You can start with Effects> Distort> Mesh Warp. You'll likely need to isolate sections of your image with a mask and make duplicates of the footage with varying masks to control how the warp affects given individuals.

The puppeteer tool will also do some of this effect, and is a bit more free-form interactive. You just place pins on the "pivot points" you want to manipulate and then move them over time. You can adjust the motion paths for each pin so there's a great deal of fine tuning possible, and you don't have to do as much masking.

Digieffects makes Freeform AE which is designed to do exactly this sort of thing. I have not had much chance to work with the demo version, but if it's in line with their other plug-ins, I'd say it will have some very nice features. I think it's in the $99-$199 range, but you can try the demo first.

Larry S. Evans II

Executive Producer

Digital I Productions

Return to posts index

Lucia BastenhofRe: a melting effect ?
by on Aug 27, 2009 at 1:05:33 pm

Thank you Larry,
The puppet tool has given the best results so far, and I'm going to check the Freeform plugin.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 All Rights Reserved