ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Export to FLV cs4 help - again!

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ian CollisterExport to FLV cs4 help - again!
by on Aug 26, 2009 at 9:16:03 am

Hi all, have used the search for this but not found exactly what im looking for.

Have just upgraded to cs4 - im trying to export to FLV, the option used to be in my export menu, but now, on a new machine with cs4 it isnt there.

On the adobe site they say:

Some applications install a QuickTime export component that appears as an entry in the File > Export menu for Flash Video (FLV). Adobe recommends that you not use this command, but instead render and export FLV and F4V files using the Render Queue panel. Some features, such as export of cue points from After Effects, only work for render and export through the Render Queue panel.

So does anybody know which application would put the export component in to appear as FLV?

I dont want to use the render cue as it takes twice as long, if not longer than my old export option did. We do a lot of render to FLV so you can imagine this has put a bit of a spanner in the works this morning.

Oh and im not keen on the Adobe Media Encoder thingy, it isnt as flexible as i need and puts another step in the process too.

Any help is much appreciated.

Return to posts index

Ian CollisterRe: Export to FLV cs4 help - again!
by on Aug 26, 2009 at 10:16:22 am

Have sorted this now.

Re installed the Adobe Flash Video Encoder from CS3, and the FLV option reappeared in the Export menu in CS4.

Im guessing that Adobe Flash Video Encoder has now been replaced in CS4 by the Adobe Media Encoder?

Either way, if you have CS3 you can fix it. Just do a custom install and only install the Adobe Flash Video Encoder from CS3.

If anybody knows any other programmes that would add this function it might be worth mentioning them here as not everyone will have CS3.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved