ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

CS3 bluescreens at initializing media core

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve WaitkusCS3 bluescreens at initializing media core
by on Aug 26, 2009 at 2:56:04 am

First will start by saying i have had this program working on this same computer before, I just cant remember what i did to get it working. But i know it will work. With that said let me explain further.

I formated my drive back to factory specs and instaled AEcs3 just as i did a year ago. It bluescreens at initializing media core. The first time i did this i just googled the problem and the answer was in front of my face. But now i have been googling for 2 days and have had nohting but grief. I do remember that the solution was simple as day. i am not sure but i think it might have had something to do with my sound card driver of all things. but after searching i am not sure now if it was a codec issue or something else. i just know it was a simple fix. And it didnt involve digging into the AE files for fonts and other things. Any help would be greatly appriciated and needed desperatley. my little studio counts on this program.

win XP
realtek hd audio (driver) v5.10.0.5200
(yes i know they are old but i updated or changed something and it worked beautifully)

Return to posts index

Steve WaitkusRe: CS3 bluescreens at initializing media core
by on Aug 28, 2009 at 2:07:00 am

nvm i figured it out. i just updated my sound card driver/codec

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved