ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Wrong pixel ration interpretation with a square image within a Pal D1 Anamorphic workspace

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mel Price
Wrong pixel ration interpretation with a square image within a Pal D1 Anamorphic workspace
on Aug 26, 2009 at 1:03:48 am

Hi guys,

I have this weird problem in AE which I never noticed before.

I have setup a PAL D1 WIDESCREEN project, into which I am importing Anamorphic 702*576 images and also Square 1024*576 images.

The 1024*576 images (interpreted as square pixels), once placed on the timeline (of my PAL D1 ANAMORPHIC project), don't perfectly match the side borders of my comp. They look indeed slightly smaller.

I dont seem to find a solution for that, and i dont want to manually start scaling in X all these images which is I think very dodgy anyway. Is it a bug or am I doing something wrong?
When I do the same project in Combustion or Nuke, I do not have the problem. The square image is perfectly well interpreted within the Anamorphic comp.

I have attached some screen captures to show you my settings and the resulting problem (you'll see the side of the image in the viewer not matching the borders of the comp).

Thank you in advance for your help.

Maxence

Return to posts index

Kevin Camp
Re: Wrong pixel ration interpretation with a square image within a Pal D1 Anamorphic workspace
on Aug 26, 2009 at 2:30:18 am

hi maxence,

with cs4 adobe has corrected the par values for ntsc and pal. in pal the par is now 1.09 (rather than 1.07) so a square pixel image/comp will be 1050x576 to fit with the new 1.09 par.

here's a page from adobe on this:

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/AfterEffects/9.0/WS3878526689cb91655866c1103906...

Kevin Camp
Senior Designer
KCPQ, KMYQ & KRCW

Return to posts index

Erik Lindahl
Re: Wrong pixel ration interpretation with a square image within a Pal D1 Anamorphic workspace
on Aug 26, 2009 at 6:20:54 pm

You can fix the above very odd standard Adobe chose to start with CS4. I'll have to look up the links on how it's done however (you edit two config files).

Erik Lindahl
Freecloud Communication
------------------------

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]